Comment: I found a short article on myths associated with high blood pressure (Hypertension) – In the USA it is estimated that 45% of adults have hypertension. The bottom line get assessed by a medico and take preventive action to avoid health issues.
This is the list of myths in a newsletter by Medical news Today
- Blood pressure is not serious
- Hypertension runs in my family, so there is nothing I can do
- High blood pressure is inevitable with age
- I would notice symptoms if I had hypertension
- I do not use table salt, so I do not need to worry about sodium intake
- When my blood pressure responds to medication, I can stop taking it
- Hypertension is curable
The article highlights the importance of being assessed and taking action – medication and or lifestyle modifications. The next time you see a doctor ask them to check your blood pressure.